BUILDING COMMISSION TO HOLD INFORMATION SESSIONS ON AMENDMENT TO SWIMMING POOL BARRIER LAWS
Green Start Consulting announces that the Building Commission will be holding information sessions relating to the recent amendments to swimming pool barrier laws. The Building Commission will present information on:
• Changes to the Building Regulations 2012
• Australian Standard AS 1926.1 – 2012 Swimming pool safety Part 1: Safety barriers for swimming pools and
• Australian Standard AS 1926.2 – 2007 Swimming pool safety Part 2: Location of safety barriers for swimming pools.
The implications of the amendment to the swimming pool barrier laws, which come into effect on 1 May 2016, are particularly relevant to those working in the swimming and spa pool industries, local government, pool inspectors and building surveyors.
The information sessions will be held at the following places and times:
• Thursday, 28 April 2016 at 10:00am to 12:00pm at 4 Stephen Street, Bunbury
• Friday, 29 April 2016 at 10:00am to 12:00pm at 303 Sevenoaks Street, Cannington
• Friday, 29 April 2016 at 1:00pm to 3:00pm at 303 Sevenoaks Street, Cannington
The information sessions are free to attend, however seats are limited. To register your place, please contact the Department of Commerce.
Green Start Consulting plan to attend an information session to confirm our understanding of this significant change to the swimming pool barrier laws, and ensure we remain up to date with industry best practices.
For more information
Green Start Consulting offer building surveying and consultant surveys to the building industry in Western Australia. Green Start Consulting are experts in swimming pool barrier regulations and a range of other of building and planning law regulations.
For more information, or to speak to one of our friendly staff about how we can meet your needs today, call (08) 6114 9356
Due to constantly evolving legislation the information provided within this blog may no longer be valid. The advice given on this site is general in nature and does not take into account your specific circumstances. Please email one of our building surveyors to check what is right for you